COVID-19 - HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
Adam Motel’s highest priority is the health, safety and security of our guests and employees. Accordingly, in the context of the COVID-19, we are strictly following the directives of the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST), the Institut National de Santé Publique du Québec (INSPQ), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). More particularly:
- We adhere to the social distancing policy of public health agencies.
- All staff members must follow strict hygiene procedures and must frequently wash their hands in accordance with stringent hand hygiene guidelines for at least 20 seconds, wear gloves and masks when needed, avoid touching their face, ears, eyes, nose and mouth.
- We installed hand sanitizers in all common and back-of-the-house areas.
- We rigorously abide by the INSPQ’s Interim recommendations for hotel workers.
- All of rooms are designed and built to prevent any air exchange between them. Each room has its independent heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- We strengthened our rooms and common areas cleaning and sanitation procedures, which our staff must follow rigorously, with strict rules on disinfection and inspection.
- We only use disinfectants that are approved by Health Canada to clean bathrooms, floor, furniture and all other surfaces.
- We clean and disinfect all front and back areas at least twice per shift (ex. front desk, lobby, laundry, storage rooms…), paying particular attention to surfaces that might have come in contact with hands (ramps, handles, taps, knobs, counters…)
- In accordance with the public health authorities’ order, all our non-essential areas are closed (breakfast area, conference room…).
- We perform ongoing training in order to reinforce and update staff members about our hygiene and housekeeping procedures.
- We appointed two managers with ten years of experience in emergency medical services to lead, supervise and follow-up on our health and safety efforts.